MOTORCYCLE GENUINE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES LIMITED WARRANTY
Any OEM part purchased by a consumer from www.crowleycycles.com in the United States will be warranted against defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase except for accessories designed for closed-course competition or to increase performance and also replacement parts and accessories for YZ and off-road WR motorcycles, for which the period of warranty shall be thirty (30) days from the date of purchase.
- Improper installation, or use in an application other than that for which the part, accessory, or apparel item was designed.
- Abnormal strain, neglect, or abuse.
- Lack of proper maintenance or storage.
- Accident or collision damage, or growth of marine organisms on surfaces.
- Water submersion and/or ingestion.
- Modification to original parts.
- Rental operation use.
- Cost of labor for replacement of a defective part or accessory.
- Replacement of parts, accessories, or apparel items for routine maintenance or normal wear and tear.
- Parts, accessories, or apparel items covered by another manufacturer’s warranty provisions, such as tires or aftermarket brand accessories, or parts replaced as part of a Yamaha Warranty or Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S.) repair.
- Parts or accessories intended for use on outboard motors or golf cars, which are covered by separate Yamaha warranty statements.
- Chrome exclusions
a. Rust as a result of scratches, nicks, or dents.
b. Rust caused by exposure to elements, such as rain, salt air, or saltwater.
- Leather exclusions
a. Damage to leather caused by water or rain.
b. Bubbling or leather warping due to improper use of protectants.
c. Damage caused by impacts or scratching.
- Paint, anodizing, and powder-coat exclusions
POWER ASSIST BICYCLES LIMITED WARRANTY
New Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles purchased from www.crowleycycles.com in the United States and registered with Yamaha Motor Corporation,U.S.A. will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of time stated below, subject to certain limitations.
The drive unit (including the motor assembly, housing cover, internal gears, motor control unit assembly, drive axle assembly, and torque sensor assembly), battery, rigid frame, and rigid front fork will be warranted for a period of three (3) years from the Date of Purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein. All other Yamaha Power Assist Bicycle components, unless expressly excluded hereunder, will be warranted against defects in material or workmanship, for a period of one (1) year from the Date of Purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein. Replacement parts used in warranty repairs will be warranted for the balance of the applicable warranty period.
This warranty will not cover the repair of damage if the damage is a result of abuse or neglect of the product. Examples of abuse and neglect include, but are not limited to:
- Racing or competition use, modification of original parts, abnormal strain.
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in the Owner’s Manual, installation of parts or accessories that are not equivalent in design and quality to genuine Yamaha parts.
- Use of lubricants that are not suitable for Power Assist Bicycle use.
- Damage as a result of accidents, collisions, road hazards, or operation on surfaces, such as stairs, not intended for conventional bicycle use; damage from external factors such as salt air or saltwater, bird droppings, or chemicals.
- Commercial applications, such as transporting cargo, delivering newspapers, and bicycle rentals.
- Temporary decrease in power or distance that can be traveled on a single battery charge, as described in the Owner’s Manual, due to operating conditions such as ambient temperatures, load, inclines, frequent starting and stopping, and normal system-protection functions, as well as temperature-related performance of the battery charger.
- Normal deterioration, including the gradual decrease of battery capacity over the three (3) year warranty period as long as the battery capacity is still 50% or more of the initial capacity before the warranty expiration and the total number of battery charging cycles is 700 or less. Other normal deterioration includes natural fading of painted or plated surfaces, and cosmetic ozone or weather cracking in tires.
Specific Parts Excluded From Warranty
Parts replaced due to normal wear or routine maintenance such as tires, tubes, cables, grips, brake pads, baskets, pedals, fuses, spokes, lenses, light bulbs, springs, chains, packing, and the sprocket and tension assembly of the torque sensor. Charges for transporting the Power Assist Bicycle to and from an authorized Yamaha Power Assist Bicycles dealer are excluded from warranty coverage.